Divorce is a complicated process. It is the coming together of multiple areas of change, intense emotions, and a complicated legal process. No two divorces are alike and no divorce is easy. Separation and divorce are rated as the second and third most stressful life events you may experience in your lifetime.
As a Divorce Coach, my passion is helping people through difficulties that come up during both separation and divorce. I can support, motivate, and guide you through the separation and divorce process.
Below are the main stages of separation and divorce that I help my clients navigate and a few questions I am typically asked.
I am not an advocate of divorce and some of my clients decide to work on their marriage after evaluating their options with me as their coach.
If you are thinking about initiating a divorce:
- Should I or shouldn’t I get a divorce?
- How, when, and where should I tell my partner?
- How should I discuss a separation with my children and extended family?
The earlier in the process you hire a divorce coach the more you can plan for and create the environment for a healthy divorce. Proceeding with some thoughtfulness can set the tone for your entire divorce.
If you are ready for action or have started the process:
- What are my options?
- How should I get organized?
- How should I proceed?
- What type of legal professional should I hire?
- Who should be on my divorce support team?
- What financial information do I need?
- What is best for my children?
- How do I best deal with this overwhelming process?
A Divorce Coach can help you break everything down into small manageable steps and help you prioritize. Know that a divorce is a marathon, not a sprint! Prepare as if it is a marathon – hire a coach to help you reach the finish line with fewer wasted resources like your valuable time, energy, and money.
If you were blindsided by a request for a divorce:
All of the above questions plus the following:
- How do I deal with my disappointment, grief, and anger?
- What is my role now?
- Will I ever enjoy family events and holidays again?
- I am struggling with loneliness – How can I cope?
- How do I manage my finances?
- How can I get the best possible outcome in my divorce?
- Will I ever sleep well again?
- Why does everything seem so difficult?
Being unprepared for divorce makes things more difficult to handle and a divorce coach can help you sort out what you need to do to move forward with confidence. Stress can shut down your creative thinking and problem solving just when you need those skills most! A divorce coach can be a good sounding board and thinking partner and will help you find solutions that will work for you. A coach can help you cope and increase your resilience.
If you went through a divorce years ago and are still holding on to some hurt and bitterness and would like help moving forward.
- I seem to be stuck – Where do I begin?
- Is it possible to build the life I really want?
- What can I do now to improve things?
With a Divorce Coach at your side, you can find out what is keeping you stuck and how to move forward. It is all about finding you the resources you need and removing your blocks so you can start moving forward with confidence again!
If you hire me as your divorce coach:
We examine concerns and find options, together. I am a companion during what can be a very lonely experience. My clients SAVE TIME, MONEY, and reduce their STRESS. They avoid common emotional and financial mistakes. We break things down into small manageable steps. My clients come out the other side resilient and empowered instead of exhausted and depleted!
I wish I had found a coach, like myself, when I was navigating the process. It would have been such a great investment in my own future and the future of my children.
What will it take for you to invest in yourself?
I would love to answer any questions you may have about my services. Contact me here.
I am located in Dundas but I do work with clients from around the world. As I do my coaching via Skype, phone, and FaceTime, location is never a limitation!
I do offer a Strategy Session so please give my divorce coaching a try!
The Divorce Coach in Dundas
Copyright © 2016 Pam Mirehouse